Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2020
My specs:
Dell Optiplex 990
8gb ddr3 ram
i5-2500
windows 10
500w psu

I bought a MSI GTX 1050ti off of ebay and when I plugged it in and started it, I got a few beeps and nothing else. The fans and the leds on the card itself come on so it is definitely getting power from the 6-pin but no matter how many times I try to re-seat the card, I get nothing. I tried returning it but the guy is insisting it works and is fighting me on this. I plugged in my old Radeon 4650 and it seems to work just fine so I doubt it's its the PCI-E port.

Dell lets me bypass the PCI-E card if I plug the monitor into the onboard video when a PCI-E gpu is plugged in and eventually the computer will recognize the card in the slot but when I try to install the drivers, it crashes halfway through the installation. It also will not install the drivers to the computer if it doesn't detect a geforce gpu.

Is there anything else I can try? If I get stuck with this card (because he said no returns) could I sell it for parts on ebay if I disclose the issues or is it a coaster at this point? Thanks!

Edit:
I also removed all ATI drivers before trying to install the GeForce gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.