MSI GTX 1060 3GB vs SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 4GB

FrutyX

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2017
Hello,

so I am about to buy a new GPU and....First I wanted an GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB,but then I've noticed that the GTX 1060 3 GB is not that far away from 1050 when it comes to the price...And of course,1060 is much faster than the 1050.

So my pick was the GTX 1060 3 GB , what I didn't liked was the VRAM memory - only 3 GB,I know now that it's still faster than GTX 1050 4 GB,but still I was looking for something different.

Well and I found something different - SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 OC 4G , it has very similiar price and maybe even it's better than 1060...Well it's 256bit ,it has much more stream processors and it's not 3 GB but 4 GB VRAM and that was what made me happy..The only negative thing is that it eats more power ,but I have an 700W PSU,so I don't think that will be a problem.

Yet,I am not convinced - If I am not wrong the Radeon RX 580 is better than the GTX 1060 one right (when it comes to performance) ? Well if not,then when I look at the numbers it should be very similiar.

And still - I don't know SAPPHIRE much and I don't know if they are reliable (performance,lifetime) ,same with AMD RX GPU ,I've always had an Nvidia GPU,so I don't have any experience with AMD GPUs and so I want to know if they are reliable and good as for example the MSI GTX 1060 one ?

I've been looking at forums,benchmarks,youtube and this stuff ,yet still I rather ask myself here too.
I hope you guys can help me to choose the best and the right one.

Big thanks,FrutyX .