MSI GTX 1060 6G vs MSI GTX 1070 X 8G

Owen_2

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015
As per title, I'm looking at these two cards for my home PC build.

I'll start by stating, that although there are probably other cards out there better, I like these cards best based on visual aesthetics, based on the case and mob I have chosen.

I plan to use the pc for general web browsing, watching Netflix and other streaming services, but also doing graphic work on Photoshop and photo editing on Lightroom.
I also require it to handle fairly light AutoCAD work for college (just 2D drawings, no simulations or 3D work).
As well as playing steam games like COD and SIM games.

I have two 1080p 60hz monitors.

Of these two cards which would be best?

PC specs;
Intel i7 8700k
Asus maximus hero X
Corsair vengeance DDR4-3000 16gb
NZXT h700
Corsair h115i pro
EVGA 650w psu
Windows 10 home

Solution
The 1070 is fairly more powerful than the 1060, and if you have it in your budget I would buy that. Another good option would be the Vega 56 or if they are on sale a Vega 64 or GTX 1080.

Now for what you need, to game at 1080P at 60HZ then the 1060 would probably be more then enough, but IMO if you have the budget buy a more powerful card. For your other tasks such as photo and autocad, itll probably be mostly CPU bound tasks so your GPU wont make much of a difference.
The 1070 is fairly more powerful than the 1060, and if you have it in your budget I would buy that. Another good option would be the Vega 56 or if they are on sale a Vega 64 or GTX 1080.

Now for what you need, to game at 1080P at 60HZ then the 1060 would probably be more then enough, but IMO if you have the budget buy a more powerful card. For your other tasks such as photo and autocad, itll probably be mostly CPU bound tasks so your GPU wont make much of a difference.

Solution