Msi GTX 1070 GPU Question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adamkeinan1

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
First off all hi all,im new and i read here all the time its great site.
secondly-ill try to be short and clear.

i decide to build my own PC instead of buy.after(thinking) i did every thing right and doing a test run without the monitor on,i did a second test with the the monitor on and what i saw was:"NO DVI SIGNAL"
Iv'e looked in several forums including this to first maybe do a checklist on my problem.
after one day i connected again the 2+6 pin to the GPU,and the front panel connectors.and still nothing.the fans work,the MOBO work,and nothing yet.
i replaced the PC with another to see if the problem is with the monitor and "sadly" the pc boots fine.

i have to say i am very desperate and lost.i put very much money and effort in this pc.i would appropriate any help at this point.
this is the list of my main parts:
Core i7-7800X X-Series 3.5 GHz 6-Core LGA 2066 Pro
GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC Graphics Card
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400
MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC LGA 2066 ATX Motherboard
EVGA 850 B3 850W 80-Plus Bronze Fully-Modular Power Supply

hope you can help me,thanks

Solution
Don't worry about power. Different card manufacturers, different strokes. If it's only one power connection, that's fine. I'm just trying to make sure that you don't have two connectors and are filling only one, thinking it's one or the other, instead of both.
As for gpu, remove it from the case completely, unplug it so that the on-board graphics may kick in. This is because some gpus require first for drivers to be installed in order to be recognized. So use on-board graphics to do that and then you shut down and try plugging back in your gpu.
How to do it? Just move the monitor cable from the back of the gpu further up to a identically shaped connector from the motherboard itself. The motherboard/cpu will hopefully supply their own...

I would have contacted msi by now, but you still haven't tried another graphics card or tested internal components outside of the case to rule out a grounding issue. If another graphics card or assembling components outside of the case doesn't resolve the issue, i'd try reseating the CPU. Have you contacted MSI yet?

adamkeinan1

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017

yes i did contacted them and still didn't got any answer clear answer yet.to be clear-didn't got any answer at all.
at the MSI forum most of what i read about this debug problem was really frustrating,because most people that did contacted MSI didn't posted a clear conclusion about this issue. it can always be "or this or this" about sorry to say:a combination of too many things so its becoming very hard to isolate the main problem.
and as you see this pc cost me a few dollars so i dont wanna mess with it a lot.
i guess today i will run a reruns with another set of checks and wait for my answer.if ill get very desperat ill reset the bios and if nothing works ill just send it to a repair.

adamkeinan1

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
so i got a lot of progress since this morning.
i ran a few tests with the ram and checked if the problem is compability and its not.

the weird thing is i never really saw(or just didn't knew the difference) between the the two Debug led's and the 5 s/k led's which are much smaller and indicated bigger attention because they indicate bigger errors(raise the question-why MSI chose to write each one so little so i have to dig in the manual and after to take a pic).
after looking with a magnifier i understood that the main led that "causing" the problem is the CPU.
i tried to do a bios flash and the bottom little bios led turned white which made feel better but steel the error was the same,so the i think kinda know that the main problem is with the CPU.or to be more specific:the CPU socket.
ill check it and try to place it back after having a look to see if i got a bad motherboard.
my sense says i did,but will do it anyway.
i already tried looking for another motherboard...and im very disappointed from MSI.