[SOLVED] MSI GTX 1080 Fan RPM Low Despite 100%

Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
So, the GPU I have is the msi gtx 1080 gaming x 8g and I've always wondered why despite running at 100% my temperatures have always been slightly high (around upper 70s lower 80s when playing really intensive games. I checked the MSI Afterburner RPM and its around 2400RPM at 100% despite people I know who have a 1080 and their RPMs are around 3200+. Is there anyway to increase fan speed or ? Trying to find a way to cool my GPU better even if it causes the GPU being louder.

Solution
??? Im saying that the RPM seems low compared to other people at 100% fan speed. Im asking about anyway to increase RPM speed potentially.

Ok, fair enough.

If your fan is set to 100% and its only at a specific RPM than that is just the limit for your fan speed. The really isn't another way unless you override software controls to "OC" your fans.

Paxelic

Commendable
Aug 8, 2019
With MSI Afterburner, make sure that the auto function is turned on for the fan so that it can adjust its
RPM based off temperature. If you turn this off it will only stay at the % you have set.

Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
With MSI Afterburner, make sure that the auto function is turned on for the fan so that it can adjust its
RPM based off temperature. If you turn this off it will only stay at the % you have set.
??? Im saying that the RPM seems low compared to other people at 100% fan speed. Im asking about anyway to increase RPM speed potentially.

Paxelic

Commendable
Aug 8, 2019

Ok, fair enough.

If your fan is set to 100% and its only at a specific RPM than that is just the limit for your fan speed. The really isn't another way unless you override software controls to "OC" your fans.

Solution