Dec 1, 2020
So... I have recently upgraded from my MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X to an RTX 3070 (fantastic piece of kit!), and have obviously removed the card from my rig to box up and re-sell to a new owner... However, when removing the card from my rig, I put it down on the table, picked it up again and there was a small rubber o-ring lying on the table (about 8-10 mm OD if I had to guess).

I have since re-installed the card to test everything works alright and everything seems to be in full working order... tested both fans at 100% for 10 minutes with no issues or strange noises... so can anyone figure out what it might be? Could it be from elsewhere in the rig? I'm very confused... the card is stock and hasn't been modified for water cooling or anything like that.

Ideas? Anyone?

Cheers,
Sam.

Dec 1, 2020
Sometimes these are used a spacers or to dampen noise. check the ports around the GPU I/O shield to see if there's anything out of place.

Hi there,

I appreciate the suggestion, I've had a good look round the edges and gaps of the card and can't see anywhere it may have come from, though I was mostly looking to see other o-rings.

Any other ideas? Is it worth just cramming it back in somewhere? 😂