Question MSI GTX 1080 Ti Aero OC - - - Problems after updating BIOS from official website ?

Aug 30, 2022
So few days ago i started to test VR headsets on my pc and - there was no problems with Vive Pro 2, but then i switched to Pimax 5KS (VP2 have too small sweet spot, but that doesn't matter here).

Then problems have started occuring with those pimax googles - on software side (DP port would not detect googles, etc.). So i figured good idea would be to upgrade GPU bios first of all, if it's available (from the official nvidia website) - i couldn't get to mobo bios normally, so it's good time as ever. Alongside this upgrade i have updated all drivers, done latest windows updates and upgraded mobo bios to latest version. It actually fixed the problem with googles detecting but another problem started occuring... random system crashes on specific events like "resize in photoshop" or "start vr game". By crashes i mean totally black screen with monitor error "no signal found". Funnily enough i can still play games like POE without a single problem.

Windows event log shows critical error with kernel 41 - i have run all the chkdsk, scans etc. same problem. Later i have replaced PSU with bigger one(power-wise), checked all the memory sticks, still the same. At the end i have even reinstalled whole Win10 system, so there can't be any problem with software. Downgraded motherboard bios and done everything except downgrading GPU bios, since i can't find older version like anywhere...

Right now i'm out of ideas and would really love to not put aside that gpu just because of faulty bios. Maybe it's not even that bios, but i would like to rule that out. If anyone have any idea what i could do i would really appreciate that.

My PC specs:
CPU: AMD 5950x
GPU: MSI aero gtx 1080ti
Mobo: x470 gaming pro
PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 750W
+ i'm running on two screens( i have already tried switching/disabling DP cables and switching off the screens)
// the vr googles are not connected in any way

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Could you walk us through how you flashed the VBIOS on your GPU? For the sake of relevance, it's a good idea to mention what your motherboard BIOS version is. Lastly, where did you source the installer for the OS?