MSI GTX 750 1gb FPS drops

Hazinator

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
Hello there, this is just a quick query based on a new graphics card I got. I get some fps drops or lag spikes now and again and they are really annoying, especially if I'm in the middle of a firefight in battlefield. I am playing between 55 and 65fps on high settings. It would lag spike about once every minute and then the fps would say 30, but instantly go back up again. this has happened on a few games and its nothing to do with the ingame graphics. I used to have a gt 630 2gb and I think that maybe the VRam is affecting it as ive downgraded to a 1gb. Battlefield 4 recommends 2 I think so is the answer. But saying that, other games have spikes now and again and they are annoying. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
- Hazinator

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
2GB VRAM is a must nowadays. It will cause issues especially in a game like Battlefield 4.

You have to turn your texture quality down to the lowest setting and see if results improve.

Also, create a user.cfg in your BF4 directory and place this command in it:
Renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 1

^ Might have to try 'Renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 1' if it still isn't smooth.

Hazinator

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
No because sometimes it does it on other games that aren't as big such as Cs go. Also another question that's off topic is: Can you get extender cables inside your pc from psu to cpu as this card only just fit. To fit a 970 I need more room but cables are in the way.

TRENDING THREADS