[SOLVED] MSI GTX 750 TI core voltage setting

AceTeq

Commendable
Sep 6, 2021
I know I have a pretty old card, but there's something I'm wondering about. When I give the core voltage on the MSI afterburner software, the voltage does not change, but I can increase it up to 20 mV with Maxwell II Bios Tweaker 1.36. 1.1810 ==> 1.200 Is it possible to increase this voltage range with the slider? Can Maxwell II Bios Tweaker 1.36 do this? I know there is a hardware voltage lock but I don't want to exceed 1,200 mV PCI Express interference may burn. Sorry for my bad english please :)

Solution
It's locked by the graphic card's VBIOS (firmware). When using MSI afterburner that slider, when moved to 100%, only lets your card use what is allowed by the current VBIOS because overvolting your card beyond manufactured specs will kill your card faster.
Simply overclocking the GPU's core clock or memory clock is better in terms of getting a bit more performance with no relative danger if all you're doing is gaming or mining. Also overvolting adds more heat to your card, so if you want to overvolt just for gaming purposes, well, just don't. It's not worth it.

If however you're still truly interested, you can check out this thread about overclocking, essentially you need to use a special software (NVFlash) to access and...
It's locked by the graphic card's VBIOS (firmware). When using MSI afterburner that slider, when moved to 100%, only lets your card use what is allowed by the current VBIOS because overvolting your card beyond manufactured specs will kill your card faster.
Simply overclocking the GPU's core clock or memory clock is better in terms of getting a bit more performance with no relative danger if all you're doing is gaming or mining. Also overvolting adds more heat to your card, so if you want to overvolt just for gaming purposes, well, just don't. It's not worth it.

If however you're still truly interested, you can check out this thread about overclocking, essentially you need to use a special software (NVFlash) to access and upgrade the video card's VBIOS (please note: DOING THIS WRONG CAN RENDER YOUR GRAPHICS CARD UNUSABLE). What you'll need is a modified VBIOS for your specific graphics card that allows you to overvolt and a backup of your current VBIOS to undo any issues with the modified VBIOS.

Reactions: RodroX and AceTeq
Solution

AceTeq

Commendable
Sep 6, 2021
Grafik kartının VBIOS'u (ürün yazılımı) tarafından kilitlenir. MSI afterburner'ı kullanırken, bu kaydırıcı %100'e taşındığında, kartınızın yalnızca mevcut VBIOS tarafından izin verilenleri kullanmasına izin verir, çünkü kartınızı üretilen özelliklerin ötesinde aşırı voltaj, kartınızı daha hızlı öldürür.
Tek yapmanız gereken oyun oynamak veya madencilik yapmaksa, GPU'nun çekirdek saatini veya bellek saatini overclock etmek, göreceli bir tehlike olmadan biraz daha fazla performans elde etmek açısından daha iyidir. Ayrıca aşırı voltaj, kartınıza daha fazla ısı ekler, bu nedenle yalnızca oyun amacıyla aşırı voltaj vermek istiyorsanız, yapmayın. Buna değmez.

Ancak yine de gerçekten ilgileniyorsanız, hız aşırtma hakkında bu konuya göz atabilirsiniz , esasen video kartının VBIOS'una erişmek ve yükseltmek için özel bir yazılım ( NVFlash ) kullanmanız gerekir (lütfen dikkat: BUNU YANLIŞ YAPMAK GRAFİK KARTINIZI KULLANILAMAZ OLABİLİR ). İhtiyacınız olan şey, kendi özel grafik kartınız için aşırı voltaj vermenize izin veren değiştirilmiş bir VBIOS ve değiştirilmiş VBIOS ile ilgili sorunları geri almak için mevcut VBIOS'unuzun bir yedeğidir.
[/ALINTI]
Hello, thank you for your answer. I modified the VBIOS of my video card and undervolt the core rate of 1202 MHZ 1.131 mV and it runs 10 degrees cooler and stable at default speeds. It used to work at 1,181 mV. I was able to increase the MSI Afterburner voltage squelch range to +75 mV and I can increase it by 1,200 mV for OC whenever I want. I also set the temperature limit to a default of 75 degrees maximum 85 for safety. The original VBIOS default was 85 degrees maximum 95 degrees. It's currently 75 degrees at most at OC. I set the VBIOS power draw limit to 40 watts by default, the original VBIOS was set to 38.5 watts and didn't allow for boosting, the VBIOS I modified only allowed 46 watts (115%). I can increase it more, but pushing the card further may not be very helpful. My video card works fine, but there is something strange. In MSI Afterburner, the voltage slider increases both voltage and MHZ. Why is this happening?

AceTeq

Commendable
Sep 6, 2021

If however you're still truly interested, you can check out this thread about overclocking, essentially you need to use a special software (NVFlash) to access and upgrade the video card's VBIOS (please note: DOING THIS WRONG CAN RENDER YOUR GRAPHICS CARD UNUSABLE). What you'll need is a modified VBIOS for your specific graphics card that allows you to overvolt and a backup of your current VBIOS to undo any issues with the modified VBIOS.
Hello, thank you for your answer. I modified the VBIOS of my video card and undervolt the core rate of 1202 MHZ 1.131 mV and it runs 10 degrees cooler and stable at default speeds. It used to work at 1,181 mV. I was able to increase the MSI Afterburner voltage squelch range to +75 mV and I can increase it by 1,200 mV for OC whenever I want. I also set the temperature limit to a default of 75 degrees maximum 85 for safety. The original VBIOS default was 85 degrees maximum 95 degrees. It's currently 75 degrees at most at OC. I set the VBIOS power draw limit to 40 watts by default, the original VBIOS was set to 38.5 watts and didn't allow for boosting, the VBIOS I modified only allowed 46 watts (115%). I can increase it more, but pushing the card further may not be very helpful. My video card works fine, but there is something strange. In MSI Afterburner, the voltage slider increases both voltage and MHZ. Why is this happening?

I dunno.
qailr.jpg

Most likely core clock tables, where at X voltage level you're only able to achieve Y core clock speeds. Its the same with memory clocks.

Reactions: AceTeq