Msi gtx 780 lightning temperature?

erox

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
So I installed my new MSI GTX 780 Lightning yesterday and wanted to test out skyrim again with my new gpu.
I have a ENB installed and when im playing it my graphics card is about 70 degrees celsius. I'm wondering if this is good or bad and what I can do to make it better (if it is bad)?

I agree with the above poster. To help temps you can try to improve the air flow inside the case, and also make sure that there are no obstacles in the immediate vicinity of the graphics card. Use a can of compressed air and clean out the inside of the case.

zahimrad

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
For a MSI GTX 780 Lightning running Skyrim(no mods), ofcourse something is wrong, but If you're running full texture mods(with extreme AA tweaks..etc) and the card is running at max usage with little airflow in the case then maybe 70 degrees is a little justified.
You should definitely investigate because this card should run around 50(mid 50's TOP) degrees on Skyrim in a normal scenario.
I'm not saying 70 is high but I don't think your card will ever reach 70 degrees.

zahimrad

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

Which 780 do you have ? MSI Lightning?