MSI GTX 780 TI SLI triple monitor setup

Sam_T_

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Hello Tom's Hardware!
I am looking forward to doing some upgrades to my PC, and was thinking to buy an additional two Asus PB278Q monitors.
Now, the dilemma:
I have my computer running a MSI GTX 780ti and was wondering if it could alone handle such resolution or if i will be having to buy another one and hook them up together, or if neither of the above will handle the three 2k monitors.

Thanks in advance!

My specs are:

MOBO: Asus Z87 PRO
CPU: Intel i7-4770K
Graphics: MSI GTX 780 TI
Monitor: Asus PB278Q

P.S. I use my PC mostly for gaming so I would like to achieve a solid 60 FPS with good (if not max) game settings.

Solution
If you want to play games, you could set your main monitor to 1920x1080 resolution and then enable surround to use your 3 monitors. I have 2 GTX 780s that play most games on ultra at 5960x1080. You may have to turn down AA at times but in all honesty it does not make too much of a difference. You could also get three 1920x1080 monitors to play games in surround at 5960x1080 and keep your higher resolution monitor for your "accessory device" to be used for work such as editing where you might want the higher resolution. I bet that you would still see acceptable settings with the three 1440p monitors but be realistic with your expectations. You would probably not be able to max every setting, especially AA. However, with many games, there...

kira70591

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
If you want to play games, you could set your main monitor to 1920x1080 resolution and then enable surround to use your 3 monitors. I have 2 GTX 780s that play most games on ultra at 5960x1080. You may have to turn down AA at times but in all honesty it does not make too much of a difference. You could also get three 1920x1080 monitors to play games in surround at 5960x1080 and keep your higher resolution monitor for your "accessory device" to be used for work such as editing where you might want the higher resolution. I bet that you would still see acceptable settings with the three 1440p monitors but be realistic with your expectations. You would probably not be able to max every setting, especially AA. However, with many games, there is not a TON of difference between high and ultra but the processing power needed to push the extra settings going up by quite a bit. You would probably be good running most settings at high with some on ultra and perhaps some on medium but the result would probably be alright. You could also look up some benchmarks for SLI 780ti's with three 1440p monitors.

Solution