Question MSI GTX 780Ti with 0MB vram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Hi, I just received an MSI GTX 780ti video card from a friend, in the first phase I wanted to buy it, he had it for a while and it was gathering dust, and when I put it to the test it didn't detect its vram memory, and a few more things , in gpu-z Memory Size is 0MB, Bus Width and Bandwidth are both with "Unknown" grayed. The card gives video signal on just one output (because the driver isn't installing), in some point the driver did install itself and I could get signal on hdmi and dvi at the same time, but the pc crashed and I had to restart it now and it doesn't send signal in hdmi and the video driver no longer appears ...
I can't open any app to test it, can't see it's temps, mostly nothing.
Any thoughts on what should I do to make it work again... that ofc if it can be fixed... ?
The graphics card in question is this: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/msi-gtx-780-ti-gaming.b2692

May 30, 2020
Don't buy it, if it has issues there is no need to try to mess with it to fix it.

Did you make sure your power supply can run the card even?
My power supply is 700w, my friend gave it to me for free, he told me he got it from germany while buying a car, he doesn't know much about computers, I wondering if the vbios was flashed wrong.
Not sure if I should try and flash a new vbios or maybe it's a hardware problem, maybe the solder failed on some parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts