Msi GTX 970 Cuda Technology error

gandharv tamrakar

Honorable
Feb 17, 2015
Hi guys I have MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g
and on using photoshop its showing that your Graphics card doesn't support Cuda technology wthat the hell is that
does my card have Cuda teh or not plz help me out

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
If PS is anything like other CUDA enabled software- it's probably old and your GPU is comparatively new.

I too have 970 and PS CS6. I found it only had OpenCL- I just ticked it, but PS worked perfectly without it for almost a year. I don't use it often though... Where do you find/use CUDA in PS?

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
If PS is anything like other CUDA enabled software- it's probably old and your GPU is comparatively new.

I too have 970 and PS CS6. I found it only had OpenCL- I just ticked it, but PS worked perfectly without it for almost a year. I don't use it often though... Where do you find/use CUDA in PS?

Cuda is where it uses the power of the Gpu instead of the cpu of the system to perform graphical tasks applied to and image to speed the process up.

Gpus are better at raw and complex data computation.
And can speed up anything from video compression to effects you can apply to a PS image for processing.
To accelerated video file decoding such as the H264. video codecs.

Cuda can be used in 3D rendering programs to speed rendering of the image up.
Where can be much faster used in conjunction with the cpu of the system also.

Because as said Gpu`s are very good at raw data processing such as double point precision calculations or complex math.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS