MSI GTX 970 no signal problem

LunarX

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hi there, yesterday I managed to build a new PC for myself to enjoy. But I came across a issue with the gpu and monitor, I have tried every possible solution on the net and still can't figure it out why it's saying no signal after dozen of tries.

My specs:
Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura
Arctic cooler 750w
FX 8350 @ 4GHz
MSI GTX 970 oc edition
8GB ram @ 1600Mhz

The thing is this motherboard doesn't have a vga output so I can't test it with that.

Any other help beside the CMOS reset?

Solution
Could be, but that PSU is garbage I really would recommend returning that.

They are pretty much the bottom tier of any psu tier list out there

Tier Five
Avoid IMMEDIATELY. These units are highly unsafe to use. No such protections added, very thin gauge wiring used, false advertising and too much to list. Reference to a higher tiered unit for a better, money saving and a much safer unit. For your safety's sake, please don't order or pick one up for use in your system. These units are a potential fire hazard and could even kill you, let alone your system.

A-TOP technology
Apevia
Apex (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Artic / Ace (They're the same company)

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Right, the reason i asked was because this may not be a video card problem, its likely to a few other things as this is a new build that hasn't worked yet.

Do you get any beep codes? Do all the fans start up in the pc? Double check you have the 8 CPU power cable plugged into the motherboard - reseat it, also the big 24pin motherboard connector.

Try reseating the graphics card and the RAM modules.

LunarX

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Yes every fan spins, there's also a LED indicate if a error for the CPU/Ram/Boot device, but none of the LED lid which means all works fine. My motherboard also works fine due to the internet cable is lighting up when start up my PC.

Arctic Blue 750W (I think that's the name) and yes all cable is plugged into the GPU.

I think it might be a faulty GPU.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Could be, but that PSU is garbage I really would recommend returning that.

They are pretty much the bottom tier of any psu tier list out there

Tier Five
Avoid IMMEDIATELY. These units are highly unsafe to use. No such protections added, very thin gauge wiring used, false advertising and too much to list. Reference to a higher tiered unit for a better, money saving and a much safer unit. For your safety's sake, please don't order or pick one up for use in your system. These units are a potential fire hazard and could even kill you, let alone your system.

A-TOP technology
Apevia
Apex (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Artic / Ace (They're the same company)

Solution

LunarX

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
So my only choice is to get the replacement and maybe change the psu?

Because I being using that PSU with R9 380 2GB and it's working perfect. Had to sell the gpu due to friend wanna buy it.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah the PSU is prob not the cause of this problem, if the computer was working fine with a r9 380 before, but I would consider changing it asap.

If you still had another graphics card available I would suggest updating the motherboard bios to the latest version, in case its some weird compatibility bug that was fixed in a later bios update, but as you have no video thats a bit hard..