• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr | CX550M

Jun 19, 2019
Ive bought a Corsair CX550M but I still havnt received it yet but now Im kinda worried that Ive bought the wrong PSU for my GTX 970 TwinFrozr . Im not sure on this but I think there are not enough pin connecters on the psu for the GPU . Can anyone tell me if I made a wrong purchase or if the PSU in suitable for my GPU . Thanks

The CX550M has enough connectors. It has 2x 6+2-pin PCIe connectors, and the GTX 970 Twin Frozr requires 1x 8-pin and 1x 6-pin. The 6+2-pin connectors equal a single 8-pin, and can also be used as a 6-pin by simply not connecting the 2-pin.

jonnyguru

Distinguished
Ive bought a Corsair CX550M but I still havnt received it yet but now Im kinda worried that Ive bought the wrong PSU for my GTX 970 TwinFrozr . Im not sure on this but I think there are not enough pin connecters on the psu for the GPU . Can anyone tell me if I made a wrong purchase or if the PSU in suitable for my GPU . Thanks
How do you figure? The graphics card uses two PCIe connectors. Your PSU has two PCIe connectors.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts