MSI GTX580 1.5GB OC

shoewoo

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I just got this card today and it its running like i did NOT expect, right now im just watching shows on media player and its jumping from 120 to 60 fps its horrible! what is wrong? i have very little experience with hardware and software so expect me to know nothing xD in games it goes as low as 20fps where my old gtx460 had a min of like 60fps...

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Did you happen to upgrade the video drivers from the Nvidia website? Chances are the drivers that came with the card in the CD are very old drivers. Go to Nvidia.com and dowload the newest drivers and check your fps again.

BTW, media player is not a good way to judge performance for a GPU like this. Also, post the rest of your system specs, including the CPU, the motherboard and powersupply if you can.

+1 please

shoewoo

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
its not streaming its straight from my hdd, the rest of my specs are
cpu : i7 950
psu: 850TX
m.bo: P6X58DE
ram: 8GB hyper x

I only updated my drivers from nvidia.com im using the BF3 beta one atm, i didnt even bother using the MSI disc to install anything.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
3dmark11 is supposed to give you crappy frames like that, though I can't honestly say how good/bad those results are..

hmmm your psu seems fine, cpu also seems fine, download MSI Afterburner and monitor the card while playing a game. It could be anything from overheating to actually not using its full gpu power or maybe its undervolted for the overclock it currently has.