msi gtx770 2gb upgrade

MartinsD

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
Hello. Would like to know your opinion on upgrading from gtx 770. I really dont have eny money yet for it, but would like to know one thing. Is a nex 9xx cards worth upgrading to now, or wait for next release and buy then 9xx for lower price? I get ~40-55fps in Planetside2 on max settings @ 1920 x 1080. So i dont think i need more for now. But still would like to know other opinions.

Thank you!

I would highly recommend saving up for a GTX 970, Great card and unmatched performance for it's price. It'll max out anything at your resolution and maintain excellent FPS, almost all above 60.

This card performs around 10% slower then the flagship GTX 980, but for almost half the price!

Me personally, I'd say wait for the next Maxwell chip to launch(The 980Ti or TitanII or TitanX, whatever it'll be called). It's almost 50% faster than a 780Ti(actually a Titan Black, but one and the same), so it'll be a worthy upgrade from your 770.
Difference in performance between 770 and 970 is around 20%.

That is true, I am not convinced by what Nvidia will price those cards at. I was extremely shocked at the price of the Titan-Z.