Question MSI H510M PRO no HDD showing

Dec 30, 2022
I just bought an H510M PRO motherboard and paired it with an i3 10100 CPU. the problem i'm having is that i can't get any HDD to show up as usable. if i plug in my windows boot drive it shows up but doesn't start downloading it to the HDD. the HDD shows up in the sata slot but the only thing it does is boot directly to bios on startup. it's set to UEFI as i have no legacy option in bios at all. am i missing something here? i've never had this happen before.

Dec 30, 2022
I’ve tried the reset a still a no go. It will recognize a flash drive but not any other hdd I’ve tried to put in it and I know they are working as I’ve put them in other PCs to test. They startup fine and I’ve even tried wiping an ssd and starting one fresh and same result. Flash drive highlights on bios screen but no other drives. But they do show up in the storage list as being connected to a sata port.

USAFRet

Titan
I just bought an H510M PRO motherboard and paired it with an i3 10100 CPU. the problem i'm having is that i can't get any HDD to show up as usable. if i plug in my windows boot drive it shows up but doesn't start downloading it to the HDD. the HDD shows up in the sata slot but the only thing it does is boot directly to bios on startup. it's set to UEFI as i have no legacy option in bios at all. am i missing something here? i've never had this happen before.
You need to give us a clearer description of all the parts involved here.

Drives?
A supposedly existing OS?

etc, etc.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Dec 30, 2022
with a windows install usb stick it goes straight to bios and is the only thing detected and highlighted on the main bios screen. But it will not start the install process onto the harddrive.

Dec 30, 2022
With more than one flashdrive that i have tried....doubt it. Tried from multiple usb ports as well. And i just used this stick to install on another HDD with no issue not even a day ago. I just thought there may be something in the bios setting i may be missing that could be causing this issue.

Dec 30, 2022
windows 10 downloaded directly from Microsoft. I have used and updated these install flashdrives whenever needed to cut down updates after install and have used them many times with no issues.