Question MSI H81M-E33 BIOS password won't reset after clear CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2021
Hi, I am working in school, we've got some old computers, which I want to upgrade with some SSD drives. So i was planning to move systems from old hdd to new ssd with bootable paragon hard disk manager. Unfortunately I discovered that someone puts password on BIOS (also boot menu). There is no way I can get this password, because I have no idea who could set it. So I tried to clear CMOS with removing battery and then shorting jumper JBAT1 on motherboard. Unfortunately nothing happened. Password still remain and I've got no clue what to do about it.

Ofcaurse I can clone disk using for it some another machine, but it is not best solution, cause BIOS on those old machines would be still unaccessible for me. Anyone got any idea is there anything I can do to override this password?

Ok, I see, that such question is against the forum rules, so I will refraze it a bit:
Is it possible that clearing CMOS won't reset BIOS password? I want to know only if it is possible that BIOS password will remain no matter what. This will help me to stop wasting my time by searching for solution that not exist and I will just continue with my backup plan (cloning on another machine and putting back new ssd drive).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.