MSI Has Five AMD X470 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryv88

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Kind of double standards going on from MSI, Gigabyte and Asus, offering AMD boards galore, calling them "Gaming" this and "Pro" that. But on the GPU front, they've shifted AMD GPU's aside with their exclusive GPP partnering. Yea, you don't have me fooled as I won't be buying their boards either. Been very happy with Asrock for the past 8 years, and so it shall stay :)

vitalblast

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
Disappointed that MSI is not offering a U.2 slot with any of their new boards. I was initially going to get the MSI titanium because it had the U.2 slot but since I waited I figured I would go ahead and get one of the newer versions. Its bad enough their VRM did not perform as well as Gigabyte and Asus. Without this I am forced to go with another brand. I really want u.2 to become a commercial standard.

U.2 is still quite uncommon, and is still more for servers. Considering that there are no consumer-oriented drives making use of U.2, it doesn't actually make a whole lot of sense to put it on a motherboard in place of something that people might actually have need for. You can also convert an M.2 or PCIe slot to U.2 with an adapter, so it's not like you won't ever be able to install a U.2 drive should the connection become popular in the future. It's also possible that the connection might never become popular though, in which case they would have put something on the board that practically no one would have ever had any use for.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm disappointed by the lack of ECC support I'm seeing in AM4 boards. So far, the only X470 boards I've seen to advertise it are from ASRock, and they state it's only supported on Ryzen Pro processors.

I can't understand why the latter point, when AMD publicly stated that ECC support will not be limited on any of their Ryzens (meaning it should work on vanilla and Pro Ryzens, alike).

Status
Not open for further replies.