MSI Has the World's First Windows 8.1 Certified AIOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
talk to me when windows 9 comes out if they actually put a real start menu in, make an option to disable metro completely and give people an option to enable aero glass.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
I don't understand MSI, Jerry pisses and moans about Microsoft, but then push out the first 8" W8 tablet, first W8.1 AIO - but they are junk - instead of being first, maybe they should try being best instead

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Something's fishy. How on earth could they get certified that quickly? I would assume somebody's standards are not high enough here.

jowunger

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
No other big software giant has so bad value for OS like Microsoft. Windows 8 for tablet is not even a real windows 8. Nope, so many features of it had to be thrown out because 'it slows tablet down to much if you would use a full windows 8'.

Not viable, just as windows 8.x. The old trick with DirectX10 'only in vista' to attract buyers is not enough anymore. M$ advertises windows 8.x with a newer DirectX version which is not even available in tablet versions (of course a tablet has no directx but they still advertise it). That reminds me when M$ started to use low detail pictures in contrast to High resolution pics to 'falsely accuse directX9' to be much worse then directX10 in VISTA.

I can not trust Microsoft. Will never.

below from unknown source:

Dear Microsoft,

A bicycle is not a car.
A desktop is not a tablet.
Yours sincerely,

The Universe (except Microsoft)

Mark Dickinson

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
I don't understand all the hate. I can understand if you didn't agree with mircosoft on windows 8. But This clearly a good upgrade from windows 8.0. I can understand that people arnt excited about the metro, not being optional, and feeling forced into it. But assuming you ignore it, and boot straight to desktop, and only use it to pick a app instead of the old start menu, is that really enough reason o be booing on he 8.1.

jowunger

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008

Only stating facts. Not trusting any Corporation doesn't mean to hate all Corps...

Marketeers sheep-herd users with bad information enough for the hard currency. Expect it to get worse, especially after win8 was a kind major (CEO-) blowout. If Microsoft wants to compete, listen to your users and furnish the OS with simple things to begin with like: 'Windows-On-Top' which is usually only used by add-on application. Most other OS'es have it integrated since the last decade already. This is an option which been voted high but was never incorporated in any Windows version to date.

Alright, time to get some Sun, you should too ;-)

regards

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006

They're just jelly that they have to use start menus like uncivilized savages while we delight in the OS of the future.

HAHAHA.

No but seriously, I don't understand the hate either. I don't miss the start menu at all. Not one bit. Metro is pretty, fluid and works. I'm not crying about having a live tile interface pop up ONCE when I turn the PC on. Big deal. Too many other benefits, like performance, boot times, better task manager, quicker access to stuff that I care about that was harder to get to with the start menu (control panel/administrative things) etc etc...

The one thing I DO hate... Windows 8 search. May the person who thought of this step on a thousand Lego blocks. I do miss Windows 7's start-menu search.

Status
Not open for further replies.