[SOLVED] Msi infinite S 10pin motheboard with new power supply.

Sep 26, 2021
Hi Everyone.

Big issue with Msi infinite s. I get faulty one from my friend for free, but with damaged power supply.
Original spec
Intel Core i5-9400F, MSI GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, RAM 8GB, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Windows, PSU FSP350-40GBBD

I replaced original(faulty) power supply to ACBel FSB009 flex atx power supply 250W (picture Below) the problem is MSi infinite s motheboard has only 10 pins socket (MS-B9181 ver 2.1-Motheboard) the power supply has 24Pin (original psu FSP350-40GBBD is hard to get and cost fortune)
I bought specific adapter for this computer, but not really working very well
I mean when I plug in it, power supply working no stop, when I press pc power button and than switch off from windows. power supply remining on. I cant find any manual for this motheboard, I tryed diffrent pin set up beetwen psu and adapter still the same results, power supply remining on.

No mater what I will do I can switch off windows 10 but I Cant switch off psu and all fans (Cpu, graphic Card still are on) without unplugin it from the wall. Pressing power button not working as well
Any help will be apreciated. Many thanks
hfPS7n1.jpg
ucWrIKt.jpg
7AZrxcC.jpg
FS9CDtu.jpg

Solution
I can see why the PSU won't turn off. The PSU on wire is bridged to ground by the adapter. This will make the PSU run indefinitely untill power is turned off.

The original power supply included with the MSI is nonstandard.

It does use a 10 pin and is 12v only, but it is not atx12vo as it used a 5vsb rather than a 12vsb that atx12vo uses.

Unless you can find an adapter specifically designed for this motherboard, you will need to find an identical replacement for the failed unit.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What do you mean "different pin setup?" If you're playing around with pins, you may have fried your motherboard and more.

Can you link to where you obtained this adapter?

Could also be the PSU. That's a pretty cheaply made, low-quality unit.

Sep 26, 2021
Hi. Thanks for replay. So i tried to change Pwr_ok gray cable but with no results. I found two types of adapter from 24 to 10 pins

https://www.amazon.co.uk/COMeap-Ada...08JKDHJMY,B071ZRXKJY&srpt=SYSTEM_POWER_DEVICE
That one completly not working. fans spining for second and than turn off.
another one from ebay auctions for msi nightblade and infinite
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15461461...s=ispr=1&amdata=enc:1Lgi5WqA5Rk2-aKO1K5vKWg18
that one turn on psu and pc but cant turn off it when switching off windows 10.

I know its quiet cheap psu, but i need it only to check if thats gonna work, will buy later better one

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi. Thanks for replay. So i tried to change Pwr_ok gray cable but with no results. I found two types of adapter from 24 to 10 pins

https://www.amazon.co.uk/COMeap-Adapter-Braided-Sleeved-Servers/dp/B06WV9Z9QT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2ZQEPOJFB9PV8&dchild=1&keywords=24+pin+to+10+pin+adapter&qid=1632947824&qsid=261-6280754-4807601&sprefix=24+pin,aps,167&sr=8-3&sres=B06WV9Z9QT,B07D7WHCSN,B088HK1NKQ,B01M2BKWIK,B07284WTMF,B00L5ZN6OG,B08T75WP14,B099NH41LL,B0002GRQRW,B098NX783G,B07F89C5HY,B096TS9218,B092SJWPJL,B07SWHWJ23,B08JKDHJMY,B071ZRXKJY&srpt=SYSTEM_POWER_DEVICE
That one completly not working. fans spining for second and than turn off.
another one from ebay auctions for msi nightblade and infinite
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154614614432?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338358731&toolid=10029&customid=16329480745766683245512021000008005&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:1Lgi5WqA5Rk2-aKO1K5vKWg18
that one turn on psu and pc but cant turn off it when switching off windows 10.

I know its quiet cheap psu, but i need it only to check if thats gonna work, will buy later better one

From the first one.

"This cable was only designed for Lenovo motherboard with 10 pin port as listed. If you connect it with other incompatible motherboards, it will burn or damage the motherboard and we won’t take any responsibility for wrongly using or installing."

It's hard to say now what's the problem if you used the first one; the wrong pinout can make it so that nothing ever works. At this point, you'll need to test components separately, meaning you may have to seek help from friends or a repair shop if you don't have another rig to test with.

I can see why the PSU won't turn off. The PSU on wire is bridged to ground by the adapter. This will make the PSU run indefinitely untill power is turned off.

The original power supply included with the MSI is nonstandard.

It does use a 10 pin and is 12v only, but it is not atx12vo as it used a 5vsb rather than a 12vsb that atx12vo uses.

Unless you can find an adapter specifically designed for this motherboard, you will need to find an identical replacement for the failed unit.

Solution
Sep 26, 2021
Can see now. I tried to buy specific adapter, Ive searched everywhere. its probably non exist. The same problem with psu. I can't find any with 10pin. The only one is original one FSP350-40GBBD. But i cant get it in UK or cost nearly 100pounds also there is no replacement one. Its impossible to get any manuals and info about this motherboard. On the youtube no channels with any issues about msi infinite s. I fixes many computeres with online help. But this one is really difficult to find any information.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
That's kind of the problem with prebuilts. They're full of proprietary parts while being devoid of quality and documentation. They're not worth reviving unless you're going to invest the time to replace the parts that are basically e-waste (the motherboard, case, PSU in this case). You can repurpose the CPU, GPU, and drives for a useful build. Though who knows what's working if you sent the wrong voltage into the motherboard. Maybe the RAM, too, but the OEMs are known for throwing garbagey RAM into their systems because the people who buy prebuilts don't generally pay attention to that.

TRENDING THREADS