MSI K8N Neo4/SLI and 802.11g wireless PCI LAN Adaptor card

I've got the MSI K8N Neo4/SLI Athlon 64 socket 939 motherboard and I'm
thinking of setting up a wireless network in my house with my new 2wire
1800HG ADSL Modem/wireless router. On the K8N Neo4/SLI one of the PCI slots
is colored orange, the manual says this is the communication slot for a
wireless LAN adaptor card. MSI has their MSI PC54G 802.11g Wireless PCI LAN
Adaptor that I was going to buy but I'm wondering if any wireless LAN
802.11g adaptor card will work in the orange PCI slot or does it only work
for the MSI PC54G ?. If anybody know the answer to this question please

Thanks

nOm

Distinguished
May 29, 2003

Nospam wrote:
> I've got the MSI K8N Neo4/SLI Athlon 64 socket 939 motherboard and I'm
> thinking of setting up a wireless network in my house with my new
> 2wire 1800HG ADSL Modem/wireless router. On the K8N Neo4/SLI one of
> the PCI slots is colored orange, the manual says this is the
> communication slot for a wireless LAN adaptor card. MSI has their MSI
> PC54G 802.11g Wireless PCI LAN Adaptor that I was going to buy but
> I'm wondering if any wireless LAN 802.11g adaptor card will work in
> the orange PCI slot or does it only work for the MSI PC54G ?. If
> anybody know the answer to this question please reply to this post..
> Your prompt replies will be appreciated.

Any will work - for normal PCI devices, it's just a normal PCI slot.