Question MSI Laptop FPS Drop Lag Spikes

Andrew97

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
Hello i hvae an issue....recently i clean up the laptop, clean the dust and etc it works fine but i dont know why it beggins to get fps drop / lag spikes. I also reinstall windows 10, i dont use throttlestop or anything, the power plan is set to balanced and power is set to better perfomance, battery boost is turned off and also whisper mode too.

My specs are : gtx 1060, 8gb ram, i7 8750h.

The following games i have problems is : Call Of Duty Modern Warfare / Cold War and Red Dead Redemption 2, this happen's when there is shooting / explosion somewhere. I hvae tested it too in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online, the game run smooth with 40-60 FPS with very high settings, there are a small fps drop / lag spikes goes to 30-35.

I have upload an video to see what i mean, the following game is on Red Dead Redemption 2 Online with all settings medium, and also the laptop is plugged in.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-2ZAWAtp4&t=1s

Andrew97

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
Maybe I can, maybe I can't. I don't really deal with laptops.
1)Are you monitoring thermals?

2)URL results from userbenchmark?

3)Have you been keeping up with all driver updates? You get them from the manufacturer's site.
It seems i discover what the problem is....when i am in game my gpu usage goes to 0-1-5 then goes back normal to 70-99 sometmies...making the game unplayable what i should do