[SOLVED] MSI loading screen frozen

Benjamin_24

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
Hello, I had a old system of mine that I wasn't using and I added my old gpu to it to give it to my little brother. These are the specs :

CPU: I5-7500
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM:8GB CORSAIR VENGANCE DDR4
MOBO: Msi H270 mortar artic
STORAGE: 500 GB Samsung ssd

The motherboard ram and cpu are old but the power supply and gpu works fine for sure. I plugged in a flash drive with Windows and installed Windows 10 home and when it went to automatically boot again, the MSI GAMING screen popped up and the loading animation ticked for like 3 secs and it freezes. There are on screen instructions that say "Press DEL to access the BIOS " Or press F8 to boot normally." I tried pressing both but nothing is happening. How can I fix this?

Solution
Try a clear cmos. Can look at your motherboard manual for the right jumper or take the battery out of the motherboard for about 15min. and put it back afterwards. Make sure it is totaly of the power when doing this,so take the power cable out of the wallsocket.

Benjamin_24

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
and if you take out the gpu just to install windows?
latest installation from ms website?
what the make and model of the psu?
EVGA 600watt bronze 80 plus wdym latest installation from Ms website, you mean the BIOS version? I have no idea tbh, the PC system was mad old I haven't used it in 2 years but it worked fine. The old parts are only the cpu Mobo and ram the other parts work fine. Wym take out the gpu just to install Windows. I've been thinking about resetting the BIOS is that a good idea ?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Try a clear cmos. Can look at your motherboard manual for the right jumper or take the battery out of the motherboard for about 15min. and put it back afterwards. Make sure it is totaly of the power when doing this,so take the power cable out of the wallsocket.

Solution

Benjamin_24

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
i tried doing that but only for30 seconds, also should i unplug all my pc cables or just the psu cable ill try again
also i swapped motherboards and cpu and it still has the same problem on theo ther motherboard