[SOLVED] Msi loading screen wanting to scan and repair ssd everytime I turn on my pc

Jordanicus

Prominent
Aug 4, 2020
Hi! I was wondering if it would be possible to get rid of this. The msi loading screen started to happen after I installed new ram and did a bios update. This is not causing any problems to my pc but it is kind of annoying to see so it would be awesome if someone could help me with this thanks!

Specs
Mb: msi m350 bazooka
Cpu: R5 3600
Gpu: msi rx 580 4gb armor
Ram: 2x8gb 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance

Solution
I'm not sure if removing the ram would stop it. It was hard to get my pc to boot with my new ram so I don't want to remove them again lol. How do I check if I have the right drive selected as the boot in bios? Thanks for the help!

In the BIOS on the main screen there should be a Boot Priority list, you want your Windows drive to be first in the list.

As far as the RAM causing issue to boot, that really could be the issue as well. You really dont want to just add RAM sticks to systems because of instability problems that can be cause. RAM is sold in matching pairs because they are matched at the factory to work and combining even the same make and model is no guarantee for success.

Jordanicus

Prominent
Aug 4, 2020
Does removing the new RAM stop this?

Make sure you have the right drive selected as the boot in the BIOS
I'm not sure if removing the ram would stop it. It was hard to get my pc to boot with my new ram so I don't want to remove them again lol. How do I check if I have the right drive selected as the boot in bios? Thanks for the help!

In the BIOS on the main screen there should be a Boot Priority list, you want your Windows drive to be first in the list.

As far as the RAM causing issue to boot, that really could be the issue as well. You really dont want to just add RAM sticks to systems because of instability problems that can be cause. RAM is sold in matching pairs because they are matched at the factory to work and combining even the same make and model is no guarantee for success.

Solution

Jordanicus

Prominent
Aug 4, 2020

Oh sorry I guess I said it in a confusing way. I replaced my old ram so the only ram I have in my pc now is the new ones I got. Then I think I have my boot order starting from ulef something like that then ssd then hhd. There were a lot on the list so I did not want to mess with it. I think the issue could be the boot order since I had to reset bios in order to install the ram. How would the boot order look? Thanks!