Question MSI M-Flash BIOS update stuck at 91%

Jul 31, 2019
Decided to update my MSI Tomahawk b350 BIOS today, downloaded the file from MSI official website, went to BIOS, selected M-FLASH, then the USB, then the right file and it started the update. It was going fine until it hit 91%, then it stayed frozen like that. USB stick is a 16g I had just formatted to FAT32. Any help ?

Decided to update my MSI Tomahawk b350 BIOS today, downloaded the file from MSI official website, went to BIOS, selected M-FLASH, then the USB, then the right file and it started the update. It was going fine until it hit 91%, then it stayed frozen like that. USB stick is a 16g I had just formatted to FAT32. Any help ?

Wait patiently until it finishes. Hopefully.

If it refuses to finish and the BIOS is left corrupt (meaning you can't POST even to the old BIOS) you may have to RMA the board to get it flashed. It should still be in warranty, assuming it was 3 years as most are.

Jul 31, 2019
you may have to RMA the board to get it flashed. It should still be in warranty, assuming it was 3 years as most are.
Well I'll let it overnight and see what happens.The thing is, the CPU temp and the RPM aren't updating either so I think it's totally frozen. I should still be in warranty. Oh, and also, can I ask what RMA is ?

Well I'll let it overnight and see what happens.The thing is, the CPU temp and the RPM aren't updating either so I think it's totally frozen. I should still be in warranty. Oh, and also, can I ask what RMA is ?
Return Material Authorization... you call MSI's tech support and work through the problem. When he determines you can't recover from the failure he'll issue an RMA number to include in (and on) the box when you ship it to an MSI authorized repair center. At least that's how it worked when I did it with other parts that failed on me.