Question MSI MAG B550 ETHERNET ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
I have a MSI MAG B550 and I am using a CAT 6 Ethernet cable. My wifi speed from my phone is 230 which is what i paid for. And the speed from my laptop while connected to the same ethernet cable is also 230. But for my pc on the msi mother board it is limited to 100 and it says so in dragon center. I have done the network properties think to set it to 1 gigabit but i need to know how i can get the 230 speed i am paying for. Please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, then check and see that you've installed the latest drivers for your NIC, manually. Speaking of which, what OS version are you on? What is the model for your B550 motherboard(a link would help since MSI's MAG is a series, not an exact model)?

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, then check and see that you've installed the latest drivers for your NIC, manually. Speaking of which, what OS version are you on? What is the model for your B550 motherboard(a link would help since MSI's MAG is a series, not an exact model)?
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK
I downloaded the lastest bios and what is NIC and i am on Windows 10 Pro but not activated yet

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
Do the lights on the port indicate a 1 Gig connection when the cable is plugged in?
Have you tried another port on the router?
Have you tried another cable? Cables can have issues that are not visible, and, some cables will work fine on one machine but not another.
I have my cat 6 cable plugged in the 2.5 port and the green light is steady and the orange light is flashing.

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
Do the lights on the port indicate a 1 Gig connection when the cable is plugged in?
Have you tried another cable? Cables can have issues that are not visible, and, some cables will work fine on one machine but not another.
I will go ahead and put the cable in the 2nd slot. Do different slots have any performance differences

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
I just checked on the asus router admin page it says all 4 of the ethernet outlets are set to 100. I don't know why or how to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.