Question MSI MAG B550 Gaming Edge Wifi red led on boot

Sep 14, 2021
I'm building my first pc currently and when I turn on my pc for the first time, I appear to get a red led on my mobo which in this case indicates I'm getting a boot error. According to my mobo manual a boot shows that the booting device is not detected (storage). My m.2 ssd and my hardrive are connected. I figured if I connect only my m.2 ssd it should be fine but no I still get the error. At the very least it should be taking me to the bios which it doesn't. I'm not sure what I should do as of now. Here are my specs :

Ryzen 5 5600x Corsair icue h100i elite capellix Corsair vengeance rgb pro sl (2x8) MSI b550 gaming edge wifi AMD radeon rx 6600xt (xfx) Samsung 980 (500gb) Seagate barracuda (2tb)

I paid an extra fee for the bios to be updated beforehand so I don't think that should be the problem. Everything from my gpu, pump, case fans, ram and mobo light up btw.

Sep 14, 2021
Ok cool. So, what OS will you be using and how do you plan to upload it? (ie: Windows from a usb?) Are you getting anything on the screen at all?
Noth
Ok cool. So, what OS will you be using and how do you plan to upload it? (ie: Windows from a usb?) Are you getting anything on the screen at all?
I plan to be using windows yes and will install it via usb. Yeah I'm booting up my pc and I'm getting nothing on the monitor. Like it should atleast take me to the bios but no

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS