Question MSi MAG CORELIQUID 240R HIGH CPU TEMP

Nov 3, 2021
hi everyone
I have Ryzen 7 2700x and msi aio water cooler
I bought it 3 Months ago every thing was ok max temp at full load at 4.2 OC is 72c and 27-30c at desktop
but now when i play a game my pc freeze med game i didn't think its was the cpu cooler but when i checked i found out my temp at the desktop is 45-55c
i reset the bios and run the pc with out any OC and its the same temp 45-55c and if i open google chrome only it jumps to 65c then come back to 50c now if i do any cpu stress test the temp immediately jumps to 80c and i stop the stress if i dont it will go to 90c and my pc will freeze
i searched for a solution but found nothing i re-paste the cpu and nothing changed the aio installed correctly in the front of the case plenty of airflow
i checked the air coming out of the radiator and it was cooled the one thing that i don't understand is one of the tubes is allows hot is there any chance that the loop got stuck/clog
the pump is working fine the fans also the connection is good for the pump and the fans
any idea what is wrong here ? and what can i do
sorry for my bad english i tried not to use google translate
and here some pics from open hardware and hwmonitor
https://pasteboard.co/C2dWbZnjxxOv.png

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Use hwinfo to see core temperatures.
Remove the other 2 apps, they have this thing about meshing motherboard sensor readings together with cpu package readings for some dumb reason.

Also: in what chassis is this mounted, and where is the radiator mounted?

Nov 3, 2021
Use hwinfo to see core temperatures.
Remove the other 2 apps, they have this thing about meshing motherboard sensor readings together with cpu package readings for some dumb reason.

Also: in what chassis is this mounted, and where is the radiator mounted?

ok first i restart my pc and now at the desk top my temp at 80-100
i download hwinfo and here a pic
https://pasteboard.co/FSYhtL8JtXyp.png
i dont know the name of the case its from a local company and the radiator mounted at the front of the case

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There have been many threads involving the Coreliquid Rs - Msi priced them very aggressively.
The things seem to have a high rate of failure. The Pump-In-Radiator design they use does not appear to be well thought out either. The more popular orientations don't work as well with this.
Either the pump gets exposed to air long enough that people kill them in under a year, or they are mechanically flawed from the factory.

Reactions: Tkk9
Nov 3, 2021
There have been many threads involving the Coreliquid Rs - Msi priced them very aggressively.
The things seem to have a high rate of failure. The Pump-In-Radiator design they use does not appear to be well thought out either. The more popular orientations don't work as well with this.
Either the pump gets exposed to air long enough that people kill them in under a year, or they are mechanically flawed from the factory.
thank you for your fast reply
i will return the aio and hopefully get a another one

TRENDING THREADS