[SOLVED] MSI MAG Tomahawk Z390

xUSMCxJASONx

Reputable
May 19, 2017
My motherboards vga led is on when trying to use integrated graphics. I reset the bios so many times and reseated the CPU and RAM multiple times. I've tried display port and HDMI. Nothing is working. I am still waiting on a cheap gpu just so see if it would work. I have no POST. Can't even get into BIOS

CPU and RAM LEDs go off on initial start up so I don't think there is anything wrong with those items.

List of components:
i5-9600k
(Waiting on cheap gpu to test)
MSI MAG Tomahawk Z390
Corsair LPX Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz
Cooler master masterwatt 650

I'm hoping that the mobo is not shot from the box.

Let me know something! Thanks..

Solution
Might be worth checking the model on the top of the CPU to make sure they didn't send you a 9600KF in a 9600K box. Because if it's not that then it's likely either the motherboard or CPU is faulty.

xUSMCxJASONx

Reputable
May 19, 2017
Nope. It says 9600k. I'll test with a dedicated gpu this Friday and report back. I can feel the vrms from under the board get warm and I did a quick test without the CPU cooler and I can it was getting warm then shut it down really quick. I may end up buying a gigabyte board instead if the gpu doesn't display anything.

xUSMCxJASONx

Reputable
May 19, 2017
Welp I tested with a gpu and nothing displays. I did find a bent pin and I tried my best to straighten it out but in the process I bent the others around it, so I threw it in the trash. The mobo was out of warranty since I purchased it last year and MSI said they couldn't do anything. So I bought a MSI Z390A Pro from Newegg and let's hope it works. ( Should be here by this friday) *fingers crossed!!