Question MSI MAG VAMPIRIC 010M issues installing 140mm fan to the front

Sapling09

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
Hello.
I bought this new case and I ran into a problem with the front panel. There are probably hundreds of holes for screws at the front panel but I could not find a way to align my ARCTIC P14 PWM 140 mm fan so I can secure all the 4 mounting holes.
Best I managed to do was 2, and even then it was problematic as I had to tilt the fan in order to be able to secure it from the top. The only one that seemed to align was an extremely small one which was not big enough to fit the standard fan screw through.
The specification says that there is supposed to fit 3 140mm fans. I managed to barely fit one and I don't see how I could fit 2 more. The holes don't align at all.

Could anyone who has experience with this case please explain to me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Here are the screenshots of how it is currently mounted. Please don't judge. I know it is horrible.

IMG-20201219-211238.jpg

IMG-20201219-211259.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you're installing the fans on the right holes, since the top fan is a bit low.
The 140mm holes are tiny holes and the normal chunky fans screws won't fit.
You will have to use, the included slim radiator screws, which are installed from the front of the fan...not the rear.
Could you provide a clear picture of the full front of the case without the fan installed?

Reactions: Sapling09

Sapling09

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
I don't think you're installing the fans on the right holes, since the top fan is a bit low.
The 140mm holes are tiny holes and the normal chunky fans screws won't fit.
You will have to use, the included slim radiator screws, which are installed from the front of the fan...not the rear.
Could you provide a clear picture of the full front of the case without the fan installed?

Thanks. I think I know which screws you mean. That kind of explains everything from why the mounting holes are too small and why they are being provided.
I haven't used them because there is absolutely no mentioning of them in the manual.
I will try reinstalling the fan using those screws and let you know the result.

Thanks a lot

Sapling09

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
Update:
I used the screws you mentioned and it fits perfectly.
At first they seemed a bit small and thought they would not hold it in place but it turned out they were alright.

Thanks for the help