Question MSI mag241c backlight problems?

Apr 26, 2019
Hi all,

Over the weekend I built my own PC for the first time and was happily using it for a few days..until
I noticed some problems with the pixels or lighting or not sure how to name the problem here.
I have displayed a full screen of black background to clearly visualize the problem.
View: https://imgur.com/rUm2g1Y

The monitor is split in half vertically as shown in the image attached below.
Right half is what I would expect as a normal display where has on the left, The level of black or darker colors is weaker.
I have noticed this after I come back from work for consecutive nights so far.

Can anyone help me to find out what the problem is?
So that I can better explain to the store and dealership I need to take it for repairs.

Not sure if this is related in any way; When I checked the monitor and PC in the morning, the display looks to be fine.

Thanks

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I have MSI Optix MAG241CR and i made the same full black image to see if i have the same issue.

No matter how close/far i look, i can't see any backlight bleed nor vertical line on my monitor. Then again, my room is currently well lit (sun shines in) and i may see better at night.

Either your monitor has a defect or my MAG241CR, besides height adjustment and RGB LEDs, also has different VA panel in use than MAG241C.