Review MSI MEG CoreLiquid S360 Review: Pretty and Powerful

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This S SKU and the K one are the only ones that don't have the blasted Pump-In-Radiator setup, and thus are the only ones worth anything, because 'everyone' has to mount their AIO radiators at the top of the chassis for whatever reason.
But the S and K are stupid expensive, because I guess, "Screw you, give me money."
To see the NH-D15S still hang in there... AIOs have gone stale.

Blacksad999

Reputable
Jun 28, 2020
This S SKU and the K one are the only ones that don't have the blasted Pump-In-Radiator setup, and thus are the only ones worth anything, because 'everyone' has to mount their AIO radiators at the top of the chassis for whatever reason.
But the S and K are stupid expensive, because I guess, "Screw you, give me money."
To see the NH-D15S still hang in there... AIOs have gone stale.

I was curious about that, actually. I knew that some of their units had the pump in the radiator, which would allow for bottom mounting without issue. It's unfortunate these apparently don't, from what you're saying. :(

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I knew that some of their units had the pump in the radiator, which would allow for bottom mounting without issue.
Not true, actually.
For Pump-In-Radiator...
Top mounted rad: hands down the worst of the 5. You can kiss that pump goodbye within a year.
Front mounted rad, but inlet+outlet are at the top: ok, but will become noisier later on after a few years(+/-), forcing the user to either move it, or replace it, even though the unit still works.
Front mounted rad, but inlet+outlet are at the bottom: one of the 2 best ways to position these units in part, because the pump is offset and not in the center of the rad. The problem then, is radiator size and chassis compatibility.
Sideways mounted rad(think NR200P): right there with front mount, but bottom mounted in+out - it's great.
Bottom mounted rad: the pump is saved, but now the performance goes down the drain, as air begins having a party in the cpu block disrupting the transfer of heat from the cold plate to the medium(fluid)! The party only gets bigger over time.

For the more traditional Pump-In-Block...
Top mounted rad: awesome, but you may need to over-provision on size depending on the gpu.
Front mounted rad, but in+out are at the top: ok, but the noise later on.
Front mounted rad, but in+out are at the bottom: also great, but radiator size and chassis compatibility.
Sideways mounted rad: great as well.
Bottom mounted rad: bad. Air party in the pump.

Co BIY

Splendid
Someone should mount a big downward fan across the hole top of their AIO pump to bathe the power supply circuits in cool air. Would be a great place for a "sweet" RGB ring all the kids love. Should solve that socket area heat bloom.

Call it the "HybridHydroAir" and watch the money roll in. If you can find workers to build it and people to unload the crates at the port at least.

TRENDING THREADS