Question MSI MEG UNIFY x570 won't power on

Jul 14, 2020
I need some help:
I plug in the everything but the CPU PWR1 and it lights up like the Vegas strip but the PC does not boot.
When I plugin the CPU power cable the PC does not light up nor does it boot when I hit the power button; it just clicks and does nothing.
Not sure what I am missing here.
Here is my PC parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rgFrQq

Jul 14, 2020
Really nice looking build JaeSajor.

That is odd. Have you tried plugging in both 8 pins? Your psu has them so it's worth a shot. It's a 3700x so the power draw shouldn't need both but didn't see this issue on a quick Google search.

No extra motherboard standoff's touching the back side of the board causing a short?

Jul 14, 2020
Really nice looking build JaeSajor.

That is odd. Have you tried plugging in both 8 pins? Your psu has them so it's worth a shot. It's a 3700x so the power draw shouldn't need both but didn't see this issue on a quick Google search.

No extra motherboard standoff's touching the back side of the board causing a short?
Thank you !
Nope, I tried with both, 8pin to MOBO and the 6 to the PSU and viceversa since i thought i was plugging them in wrong... but i tried to just one, i tried to just the second and i tried to both.
I checked the back as well but the standoffs leave quite a bit of room that nothing is really touching.
I also tried unpugging the power from the peripherals and leaving the CPU PWR1 connected and it still just clicks but no boot.

Last edited: