Review MSI MEG Z690 Unify Review: Back in Black

Co BIY

Splendid
I'm not in the market for a sub-$500 board. I'm in the market for a Sub-$200 board! Max $250.

Please review at least one affordable board (Sub-$300?).

What is the proportion between chipset cost and the remainder of the motherboard ?

No video outputs during a time of GPU shortages seems like a bad move. "Fully loaded" boards need the basics and the bonuses.

Reactions: The_King

samopa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
I'm not in the market for a sub-$500 board. I'm in the market for a Sub-$200 board! Max $250.

Please review at least one affordable board (Sub-$300?).

What is the proportion between chipset cost and the remainder of the motherboard ?

No video outputs during a time of GPU shortages seems like a bad move. "Fully loaded" boards need the basics and the bonuses.

Intel hasn't launched the value-centric B- and H-series chipsets yet, so platform pricing will be high for now and most manufactures still concentrate on high-end ($200 plus) motherboard.

Wait few moments until B- and H-series chipset has been launched, the the market will be flooded with sub $200 motherboards.

samg381

Honorable
Apr 10, 2015
Anyone know when this board is set to arrive on shelves? I can't seem to find as many listings for it. Any advice to nab one would be appreciated.