Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi, I'm just wondering, a friend of mine bought a old x79 msi mobo 65 8d, with a v1.0 bios, he got a c2 stepping 3930k, so he asked me a question if he can flash a 1.4 bios or higher without getting it to msi to flash it for him using this
http://www.msi.com/service/biosupdate/

or he really got to take it to the nearest msi to get it to be flashed, I would flash it for him but I'm a country away XO.

still looking around toms for some answer too and google >.< hope someone can help out.

edit:: all parts are there just need a bios update.

edit2: his choice is either, bring it to a 2 ride msi building and get it flashed or the usb lol no shops near him or near the msi building offer bios update even for a price

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
yeah he did that 1 ram installed and all others, so I'm suspecting it's the bios, (tried all the other stuff on a1155 i6 2500k on his neighbor and works great) and also on his pc, so it must be the bios guess he got no choice, but I'm also wondering normally how long does one wait for msi to update his bios. 3 weeks?

Phoenix69

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Use the provided software..."Live Update 5", which will download & install ALL the Mainboard bios/drivers with ease. It is also available for free download on the MSI website, and will make updating your Bios a snap. Aloha by Phoenix69

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
asked him what happened and said he might take it next week for a bios flash, (so far I'm not sure he can flash the bios with the live update 5 if it can't recognize his cpu, since it's a c2 stepping and the bios he has only can read c1 stepping. I'll get him to try it thought not sure if it will work, never tried it yet.

TRENDING THREADS