Question MSI MOTHERBOAD DEBUG LIGHTS

Jun 24, 2022
hi there in really hoping somebody can help me ONLY when i restart my pc it goes in to automatic repair and keeps going into a boot loop i can just shut it down and turn it on again and it will work fine after around 10 mins of leaving it off there are debug lights that come on the motherboad as shown: CPU(quick flash) DRAM(flash) VGA(flash) then restarts and keeps going l as sometimes it goes to blue screen with the error code Memory_management
i have tried changing the ram into different dims and using known working ram

My specs are as listed below
i5 6400
16Gb RAM
GTX1060 6GB (had this problem before installing GPU)
H11OM PRO-VH motherboad (msi)

ERROR LIGHT: CPU(quick flash) DRAM(flash) VGA(flash) then restarts and keeps going

i really hope someone can help me thanks very much in advance :)

What is your EXACT power supply model?

Have you tried using only ONE DIMM at a time, with multiple different DIMMs, to ensure it isn't simply bad memory?

How long has this problem been happening? Always? Just started recently? How long have you had this system and did you buy it new or purchase the parts/system used?

What motherboard BIOS version are you currently running?

Likely this is motherboard issue, as that board is about the cheapest board sold that supported your CPU, and it's now about 7 years old, but it's definitely not a certainty without further testing.

Jun 24, 2022
The power supply is the corsair cx430 i have a 500w power supply i can put in and see if it makes a difference? i dont currently know the BIOS version and i have tried changing the ram dimms around!

thank you for your reply!

CX430 is a big problem. That is a VERY poor quality power supply for a well known name brand model. All of those older green CX labeled units were extremely poor quality and prone to actually causing additional damage to other hardware. This is a very high probability of either being the problem or being a contributor to the problem at the very least.

What is the exact model of the 500w unit you have, and how old, approximately, is that unit? What was the reason it was taken out of service previously?

It would be a good idea to go into your BIOS and check the main tab to see what the current BIOS version is.

Jun 24, 2022
ok thankyou i will have to look into getting another power supply as this 500w one doesnt look much better its called pulse power-BBS500BR it was taken out of a prebuilt computer a few months ago and the MFD on the PSU is March 2017 would this be better than the cx430 or should i get a better one?

BIOS Version is-E7996iV1.2B7

if so is there any reccomendations that will work with my hardware please:)

Do NOT use that Pulse power unit.

Look here:

And here:

For recommended PSU models. Do not buy based ONLY off brand name, as clearly that doesn't work. Specific model is what matters.

I would update to the latest BIOS version available here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H110M-PRO-VH/support