[SOLVED] MSI motherboard and msi graphics card possible conflicts

Jan 30, 2022
My new build I have works great It has a MSI Z590-A Pro MB with integrated graphics. I have it paired with a MSI GeForce RTX 2060 card. I have windows 10 pro on the Seagate sata drive.
My problem is I decided I wanted a faster OS so I installed a SAMSUNG 980 M.2 2280 M.2 drive . My BIOS recognizes the M.2 drive just fine as an extra drive . But when I install windows 10 on it it will not boot up at all ( The Seagate SATA drive is disconnected at this point) . I can get it to boot just fine and run windows on the M.2 drive if I remove the 2060 Graphics card and use the integrated graphics for my monitor.

I have tried moving the M.2 drive to another slot but still the same problem.. My graphics card is installed inthe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x16 slot (which is the only slot it will work in) my processoris a Intel Core i9-10850K Comet Lake . I am not really sure if it does not boot or boots and I cant see on my monitor ,, I have changed monitor locations to all places including the integrated graphics with no success.. On occasions I can hit the reset button and it will boot and load windows just fine .. occasionally ..To me it appears there may be a conflict in some manner although the drive works fine without windows on it .. My problem is only there with the 2060 graphics card installed..

I need help on this please

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

My new build I have works great It has a MSI Z590-A Pro MB with integrated graphics. I have it paired with a MSI GeForce RTX 2060 card. I have windows 10 pro on the Seagate sata drive.
My problem is I decided I wanted a faster OS so I installed a SAMSUNG 980 M.2 2280 M.2 drive . My BIOS recognizes the M.2 drive just fine as an extra drive . But when I install windows 10 on it it will not boot up at all ( The Seagate SATA drive is disconnected at this point) . I can get it to boot just fine and run windows on the M.2 drive if I remove the 2060 Graphics card and use the integrated graphics for my monitor.

I have tried moving the M.2 drive to another slot but still the same problem.. My graphics card is installed inthe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x16 slot (which is the only slot it will work in) my processoris a Intel Core i9-10850K Comet Lake . I am not really sure if it does not boot or boots and I cant see on my monitor ,, I have changed monitor locations to all places including the integrated graphics with no success.. On occasions I can hit the reset button and it will boot and load windows just fine .. occasionally ..To me it appears there may be a conflict in some manner although the drive works fine without windows on it .. My problem is only there with the 2060 graphics card installed..

I need help on this please

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
could you try to force pcie 3.0 for both ssd and x16 slot while using the IGPU in the bios?

Jan 30, 2022
In which M2 slot did you install the SSD?
HI --SID-- I installed the SSD into the M2_2 and tried the M2_3 slot as well the M2_1 slot is only available to 11th generation processor and mine is a 10th generation so that one is unavailable to me ,, what is so odd about it is I can use the SSD as a second drive just fine ,, I can store and run programs from it no problem but as soon as I try to boot widows 10 OS from it ,, it wont work unless I remove my 2060 graphics card.

And of course when Im trying to run the OS from it is the only drive , I disconnect the other drive .