[SOLVED] MSI Motherboard won't boot from windows media USB

ecraft243

Commendable
Dec 10, 2018
I just finished building a PC for family use and the PC just refuses to boot from the windows media USB that I have used on 2 other computers. So the USB works. I have put all of the USBs at the top of the boot priority. I have gone in to flash mode and it detects the USB there, but I can't boot from flash mode of course. I have also tried every USB port on my PC. So as of now I am very confused and frustrated as to why my PC won't boot from the USB. The exact motherboard model is the MSI B350M Pro-VDH. Please help

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I suspect that this might be related to Secure boot, have you tried disabling secure boot? Same thing happened to me once. I've made a bootable usb using rufus and apparently since it's not signed or whatever secure boot won't let you use it, but for me it worked after disabling secure boot.

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I suspect that this might be related to Secure boot, have you tried disabling secure boot? Same thing happened to me once. I've made a bootable usb using rufus and apparently since it's not signed or whatever secure boot won't let you use it, but for me it worked after disabling secure boot.

ASK THE COMMUNITY