[SOLVED] MSI motherboard won't boot without CMOS reset ?

Aug 13, 2021
I've gotten a broken MSI H61M-P25 for quite cheap from my friend, however it has one issue that is quite bothering me.
The board won't boot (fan spin, turns off and on, repeat) without resetting the BIOS. It won't boot without a CMOS battery either
(same problem, fan spin, turns off and on, repeat) which in theory will cause the bios to reset everytime because it won't save the BIOS.
(i don't know if im right or wrong here). The board will only boot into the BIOS if you do the following :
  1. turn the whole board off
  2. remove the cmos battery, wait 5 seconds
  3. put the battery back in, boot again.
(sometimes the reset doesn't get triggered (this is human error) and i have to do it all over again.
Is there a way to fix this?
my specs :

MSI H61M-P25
i3-2130
HyperX RAM 4gb x 1 1600mhz ( running at 1333)
ADATA SU650
GTX 550 Ti
PSU that works and isn't broken in any way.

I've gotten a broken MSI H61M-P25 for quite cheap from my friend, however it has one issue that is quite bothering me.
The board won't boot (fan spin, turns off and on, repeat) without resetting the BIOS. It won't boot without a CMOS battery either
(same problem, fan spin, turns off and on, repeat) which in theory will cause the bios to reset everytime because it won't save the BIOS.
(i don't know if im right or wrong here). The board will only boot into the BIOS if you do the following :
  1. turn the whole board off
  2. remove the cmos battery, wait 5 seconds
  3. put the battery back in, boot again.
(sometimes the reset doesn't get triggered (this is human error) and i have to do it all over again.
Is there a way to fix this?
my specs :

MSI H61M-P25
i3-2130
HyperX RAM 4gb x 1 1600mhz ( running at 1333)
ADATA SU650
GTX 550 Ti
PSU that works and isn't broken in any way.
did you tried to replace the cmos battery yet?