[SOLVED] MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wifi ATX

Mar 28, 2021
Hey everyone,

Building the 4th PC of my life and the first one I put a considerable amount of research and money into. I knew I was going to need to flash the bios for this card to work with my Ryzen 5 5600x but I'm concerned I hit a snag. I followed a few videos and MSI's guide on how to flash the bios. I booted up my PSU which is a Seasonic Focus GX-850 80+ Gold. When I connected the PSU to the tester the fan booted up and appears to be working. Every time I connected it to the motherboard or even removed the testing device the fan immediately cut out. Is this an issue with my motherboard or my PSU? Further information I am predominantly following this guide
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTBs0-gTJRI
. Thanks for any help in advance!

Solution
Interesting! Okay assuming the PSU is functioning then I do not appear to be getting any lights to come on the motherboard. I'm under the impression I should not hook up my CPU until I've flashed the bios. Should I just assemble the whole PC and then try to flash the bios? I feel like I've read mixed results on this as some people say its horrible for the computer and others say it could be fine. Thank you for the quick response!

That Flash BIOS button is normally used when there is no CPU installed on the motherboard since this is to be used when you need to flash the BIOS because the CPU you're about to use needs a BIOS update before it can post.

Please remove the CPU carefully.
Mar 28, 2021
Hi Notrmb86.

Your Seasonic Focus GX has this below.

Hybrid Silent Fan Control functions in three operational stages: Fanless Mode, Silent Mode, and Cooling Mode.

Your PSU will not start using it's fan unless the PSU gets hotter.

Interesting! Okay assuming the PSU is functioning then I do not appear to be getting any lights to come on the motherboard. I'm under the impression I should not hook up my CPU until I've flashed the bios. Should I just assemble the whole PC and then try to flash the bios? I feel like I've read mixed results on this as some people say its horrible for the computer and others say it could be fine. Thank you for the quick response!

That Flash BIOS button is normally used when there is no CPU installed on the motherboard since this is to be used when you need to flash the BIOS because the CPU you're about to use needs a BIOS update before it can post.

Please remove the CPU carefully.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS