Review MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wi-Fi Review: A Tiny Take on B550

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaminarFlow

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2016
A rating of 3.5/5 seems harsh, since for many people (myself included), having not RGB is a plus.
I bought this board over the Gigabyte Aorus ITX for precisely one reason: USB type C header. Compare with ASRock and Asus ones, this board is cheaper with no sacrifice.
Having said all this, a common complain people have with this board is its cpu back plate. It's not a problem for me since I'm using it with an AIO (NXZT H1), but it won't fit many others that require installation of custom back plate.

Apr 30, 2020
Definitely an issue, I was almost tempted to start shopping for this until I saw that the configuration will not fit the Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 backplate because of the chips.

People had to resort to cutting down the backplate with a dremel to fit. Definitely not great.

mrv_co

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
A rating of 3.5/5 seems harsh, since for many people (myself included), having not RGB is a plus.
I bought this board over the Gigabyte Aorus ITX for precisely one reason: USB type C header. Compare with ASRock and Asus ones, this board is cheaper with no sacrifice.
Having said all this, a common complain people have with this board is its cpu back plate. It's not a problem for me since I'm using it with an AIO (NXZT H1), but it won't fit many others that require installation of custom back plate.

The lack of RGB should add one full star to the rating.

Dec 4, 2020
Its also the only motherboard that "officially" supports AMD Ryzen Pro features, such as RAM and Storage encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.