Question MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI Gaming Motherboard Question?

Nov 9, 2021
Building a new system as my budget allows. Getting the MSI MPG X50 gaming board, will pair it up with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cpu. My question is with the "Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0" memory chip. I'm planning on buying 1 32 GB Chip at first and adding on more of the same exact 32GB chip as time goes on. Will it boot and work ok with that 1 chip in any of the 4 slots? I know about the Dual channel memory pipeline if 2 chips are used. Any suggestions on which 1 slot to use at first?
The computer is just for gaming, Web, and Skype, and Zoom video calling with webcam. No heavy-duty video editing or CAD apps.
Thanks in advance for even reading this.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you sure you're referring to the ram sticks in the right manner? Chips are the black rectangles that go on the PCB. The sticks are what have the chips. The Team group part that you've mentioned above comes in a 2x16GB kit, so if you're referring to a kit, yes you should be able to work with one kit now and then save money later, then source the exact same kit of ram to get to 64GB's of DDR4-3200MHz.

If you're referring to one physical stick of ram, can you please parse a link to the ram that you're looking at? I found this that has 2x32GB sticks in a kit.

Pertaining to your ram slot question, please refer to the motherboard manual, page 5, i.e, DIMM A2when using one stick and A2 + B2 when using two sticks of ram.

ASK THE COMMUNITY