[SOLVED] MSI MPG X570 gaming plus Help.

Zackary Hunter

Honorable
Apr 24, 2015
So my sister just got the MSI MPG X570 gaming plus board and whenever we try to boot it up it hard shuts down.
There is a message for overheating so we reapplied the thermal paste but it's still hard to shutting down and giving us the overheating alert.
I am currently trying to update the bios via the flash bios option on the motherboard. So far the red led has not flashed and has been solid for the past 10 minutes.
I shut down the computer and tried to reinstall bios but now I am just getting four slow blinking lights on the bios flash.

EZ debug CPU light is still on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

specs-
-EVGA 2080 super
-2 g-skill trident 16 gig ram stick
-MSI MPG X570 gaming plus
-Ryzen 37000x CPU
-psu evga 650wgold

Last edited:
Solution
So my sister just got the MSI MPG X570 gaming plus board and whenever we try to boot it up it hard shuts down.
There is a message for overheating so we reapplied the thermal paste but it's still hard to shutting down and giving us the overheating alert.
I am currently trying to update the bios via the flash bios option on the motherboard. So far the red led has not flashed and has been solid for the past 10 minutes.
I shut down the computer and tried to reinstall bios but now I am just getting four slow blinking lights on the bios flash.

specs-
-EVGA 2080 super
-Ryzen 37000x CPU
-psu evga 650wgold

specs-
-EVGA 2080 super
-Ryzen 37000x CPU
-psu evga 650wgold
That motherboard shouldn’t need a bios update to work properly with a 3XXX series CPU. I’d check for bent or broken pins.

Solution