[SOLVED] MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus: Graphic card showing black screen (MSI RX570 Armor 4Gb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2021
Hi everyone....
I just bought a new computer:

• MB: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus,
  • CPU: Intel Core i7, 11th gen
  • RAM: 2x DDR4 16GB

And I'm trying without any luck to make it work with a MSI Rx570 4Gb.... I have 2 of these cards and both are working perfectly on another PC, but with this configuration it just shows up a black screen, can't even open the BIOS.

Any help will be more than appreciated.
Kind regards;
Chris

Jun 18, 2021
do you mean you bought new components for a new build? if that the case, motherboard might need bios update to work with 11th gen

They updated the bios at the moment I bought it, the micro works just fine tho.... but the GPU won't display any image... it's not even recognized at the hardware monitor from the bios, when I boot using the onboard GPU

Edit: I had the video card I'm trying to plug before buying the new pc,

Jun 18, 2021
how do you know it work fine if you don't see anything from the bios when you using the onboard gpu?

what the monitor? using any adapter? exact model of this 11gen cpu?
brand and model of the psu?

I know it works fine as I have a second PC where the GPU and the monitor, both are working without hassle... in any case the CPU is a i7 11700...

Thanks for your feedback!

Any clues?

Jun 18, 2021
After one week of hassle and hitting heads against the wall, I made it work. So... long story short, I connected the card into the second PCIE slot. But before that, I was able to see the "phantom device" doing the following:

Run powershell as adminitrator, then:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
then open the device manager using:
start devmgmt.msc
finally click on view and select "show hidden devices"

If the card doesn't show up there then i have no clue.

Thanks for the support guys!
Have a good weekend,

Status
Not open for further replies.