[SOLVED] MSI MS-6368 not displaying video after ports and system has been cleaned and rebuilt?

McJones9631

Prominent
Apr 22, 2021
I have a 2003 MSI MS-6368 motherboard, with an Intel Celeron processor (socket 370) that was given to me by a coworker in a beat up case, so I gutted the whole unit and kept the internals to transfer to a new case. It is hooked up to an EVGA 600 watt PSU I bought at Best Buy, and has an SSD hooked up using an SATA to IDE adapter. However, after cleaning the unit of dust and reapplying thermal paste, the unit will not display video. All fans are on, but no BIOS or anything. The RAM is mismatched (I can't even find the type of RAM specified by MSI to be in this computer, apparently called 168 pin unbuffered DIMMs?) so I thought that may be the issue, but it appears not. Here's some photos of the board, I disconnected the PSU for ease of viewing:
What else could I do to isolate the problem? This era of computers is when I was super young so I may be screwing something stupid up.

Last edited:
Solution
S370 used PC100 or PC133 SDR-DRAM, usually matched to whichever the CPU's FSB frequency is.

If absolutely nothing is happening, something probably isn't connected in the right place. If the PC turns on for a second or two then shuts off, something is probably shorted out somewhere such as ground tabs stuck in USB ports.
I have a 2003 MSI MS-6368 motherboard, with an Intel Celeron processor (socket 370) that was given to me by a coworker in a beat up case, so I gutted the whole unit and kept the internals to transfer to a new case. It is hooked up to an EVGA 600 watt PSU I bought at Best Buy, and has an SSD hooked up using an SATA to IDE adapter. However, after cleaning the unit of dust and reapplying thermal paste, the unit will not display video. All fans are on, but no BIOS or anything. The RAM is mismatched (I can't even find the type of RAM specified by MSI to be in this computer, apparently called 168 pin unbuffered DIMMs?) so I thought that may be the issue, but it appears not. What else could I do to isolate the problem?
Is the ssd a new component? Or was it already in the pc? It maybe the ssd is to new for the system

InvalidError

Titan
S370 used PC100 or PC133 SDR-DRAM, usually matched to whichever the CPU's FSB frequency is.

If absolutely nothing is happening, something probably isn't connected in the right place. If the PC turns on for a second or two then shuts off, something is probably shorted out somewhere such as ground tabs stuck in USB ports.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution