MSI(ms-7680) H61m-p23(g3) doesn't boot,, After update BIOS stuck at A3.

webbed6

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
I'm using MSI(ms-7680) H61m-p23(g3) motherboard.
Few days ago I was update the BIOS with MSI Live Update 6 in Windows mode. All things are done correctly. When restart PC then stuck at (right corner) A3, doesn't beep.
Then i clear CMOS , then shows like that information=>
DRAM Size is 2048 MB
USB Device total: 1 KBDs O MICE, O MASS, 2 HUBS
Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
SATA Port 2: TOSHIBA DT01ACAO50
All settings were reset to default values.
Press F1 to Run SETUP
Press F2 to Continue
I unplugged the power-cord and cleared CMOS, unplugged all the components and devices from the mobo,then i reinstalled the cpu,onboard vga,ram(one piece), I installed keyboard on other USB port on the mobo. I checked it many times, bt same results are showing here.
I tried this process many times.
Please give me a solution.

Solution

1) contact MSI for assistance if you bought it new and have a sales receipt or invoice.
2) take it to a shop that has testing capabilities.
3) sell it for parts only and upgrade

But personally, I wouldn't give up yet. Have you damaged any contacts/pins on the CPU/socket? Can you try the CPU in another machine or the board with another CPU?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Try unplugging the drives from the motherboard and any other peripherals you may have plugged in to the board. Just leave the KB and PSU power connected. If your monitor has a VGA connection, remove the gfx card and use the on-board video for now. Basically, we want to free the board up from any outside things that can be interfering. Now try booting to BIOS.

Have you physically reset the motherboard BIOS with the jumper, or was that message just something the PC produced on-screen?

webbed6

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
I unplugged all peripherals & drives.I cleared CMOS & removed the battery (15-20 minutes).Then I can get into BIOS. I rolled back to previous version of BIOS-- You said in reply. I saw the same results are showing here (stuck at A3).Then I do same things- I cleared CMOS & removed the battery (15-20 minutes). Then I changed BIOS settings-SATA mode> IDE to AHCI mode,Boot order priority-1st > Hard Disk . Then stuck at A2. I thought this problem wasn't update version of BIOS. Yesterday again I get into latest version of BIOS. When I flash BIOS 100% completed then restart PC, after 16 second automatically restart for 16 second again and again until I switched off. Nothing shows in the display.
what should I do ?
Should I replace my BIOS chip.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
One other thing to check... when in BIOS, make sure the date (and time) are set correctly. And that you have loaded the default settings. Also make sure the battery is fresh and not wore out, so those settings "stick".
If still no joy, try the system w/o the battery and see what happens.

You should be able to reboot and get to the point where it looks for the boot drive (which won't be plugged in)

BTW, (if you get to the point of connecting the boot drive again) the SATA mode should be set to whatever was used when the OS was installed. Win will have loaded only drivers for that mode. The other SATA mode may not boot.

webbed6

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
When i go into latest version of BIOS, when i flash BIOS 100% completed. Then after 5 seconds auto restart, After few seconds(16-17sec) restart again and again until switched off. I tried it without battery.But nothing shows in the display,Nothing response from the keyboard command.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

This is with nothing else connected to the board? Breadboard fashion.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

1) contact MSI for assistance if you bought it new and have a sales receipt or invoice.
2) take it to a shop that has testing capabilities.
3) sell it for parts only and upgrade

But personally, I wouldn't give up yet. Have you damaged any contacts/pins on the CPU/socket? Can you try the CPU in another machine or the board with another CPU?

Solution
Apr 8, 2019
Im stuck over here with the same problem trying to update the bios but it just won't flash. current motherboard H61M-P23 (B3) version H.60 (17.6). Please I'm in desperate need of help..

Jun 22, 2021
im facing the same issue here, and i've fixed it

1. clear cmos by jumper the two pin between cmos battery, then press the power button for 10-15 seconds
  2. press f1 to enter BIOS
  3. enter to overclocking menu, and disable all overclocking, intel speed step.
  4. after that save the settings and fiola ur pc set to normal again.

Jun 22, 2021
I'm using MSI(ms-7680) H61m-p23(g3) motherboard.
Few days ago I was update the BIOS with MSI Live Update 6 in Windows mode. All things are done correctly. When restart PC then stuck at (right corner) A3, doesn't beep.
Then i clear CMOS , then shows like that information=>
____
E7680IMS V18.5 10/16/2013
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2020 @ 2.90GHz, Speed 100×29=2900MHz
DRAM Frequency for DDR3 1333 MHz(Single channel)
DRAM Size is 2048 MB
USB Device total: 1 KBDs O MICE, O MASS, 2 HUBS
Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
SATA Port 2: TOSHIBA DT01ACAO50
All settings were reset to default values.
Press F1 to Run SETUP
Press F2 to Continue
_
When I clicked F1 button then hanging up at Entering Setup.... !!!
I unplugged the power-cord and cleared CMOS, unplugged all the components and devices from the mobo,then i reinstalled the cpu,onboard vga,ram(one piece), I installed keyboard on other USB port on the mobo. I checked it many times, bt same results are showing here.
I tried this process many times.
Please give me a solution.

im facing the same issue here, and i've fixed it

1. clear cmos by jumper the two pin between cmos battery, then press the power button for 10-15 seconds
  2. press f1 to enter BIOS
  3. enter to overclocking menu, and disable all overclocking, intel speed step.
  4. after that save the settings and fiola ur pc set to normal again.