[SOLVED] MSI Mystic Light/Dragon Center Hijacking iCUE

Feb 25, 2021
I installed Dragon Center a few weeks ago in order to control the RGB on my new mobo. Turns out that Dragon Center is basically malware and messes up all of your settings, including BIOS, etc. I was forced to completely reinstall windows to fix these issues. Mystic light also takes over iCUE, (corsair's software), which is my preferred software. Mystic light causes my keyboard to turn red before I log into my PC, even post windows reinstall. Disabling SDK in iCUE settings only fixes the issue after I log in. I see no reason that mystic light would still be messing with my computer after a reinstallation of the OS, as well as completely replacing the storage. (switched out my drives for NVMe drives) If anyone has a solution, please help.

Solution
I might just try reinstalling dragon center, turning off rgb control, and seeing what happens afterward. IDK if thats a good idea or not, your input would be appreciated.
worth a try. I did similar as the standard colour on my mb was red, i loaded the software just to change it to blue. I have a sneaking suspicion its showing on my ram as well. But I also uninstalled the rgb software afterwards as I don't need it.

Loading the software or editing the bios area is the same thing. Software just changes the values in bios.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Mystic light causes my keyboard to turn red before I log into my PC
The source of the light before logon is the bios on the motherboard, mystic light can be used to change the start up color but i don't know why it would do the keyboard, it should just be the motherboard colors.

There is likely a part of your motherboard bios that you can use to alter/remove rgb from board.

My board is the same, gigabyte software lets you change colours onboard (saved to hardware). so you don't need it installed for pc to use those colours. It just changes the bios values.

You sure the red on the keyboard at startup isn't a saved profile on the keyboard? my K70 starts as rainbow as I never bothered changing it.

Many of the Motherboard makers rgb programs all use same drivers. I help people with bsod and I see what is running and often it is the same 2 drivers. Icue doesn't use any of these so there shouldn't be any way for the mb to load rgb onto the keyboard. Also, drivers like Icue and others don't load until you log on. It is why the colours change when you do.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021
The source of the light before logon is the bios on the motherboard, mystic light can be used to change the start up color but i don't know why it would do the keyboard, it should just be the motherboard colors.
Honestly kind of concerning that Dragon Center can alter BIOS settings whenever, it also messed up my overclocking settings as well. I might just try reinstalling dragon center, turning off rgb control, and seeing what happens afterward. IDK if thats a good idea or not, your input would be appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I might just try reinstalling dragon center, turning off rgb control, and seeing what happens afterward. IDK if thats a good idea or not, your input would be appreciated.
worth a try. I did similar as the standard colour on my mb was red, i loaded the software just to change it to blue. I have a sneaking suspicion its showing on my ram as well. But I also uninstalled the rgb software afterwards as I don't need it.

Loading the software or editing the bios area is the same thing. Software just changes the values in bios.

Last edited:
Solution