MSI Neo2 Athlon 64 and hibernate problem

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Has anyone had any problems with hibernation on this board? I suspect
the problem is my old GeForce 2 Nvidia card but the machine won't come
out of hibernation! Just get a blank screen.

Have tried updating the drivers for the GeForce 2 Nvidia card (66.93 i
think) and the BIOS but still no luck.

However, since my old Athlon Thunderbird system also wouldn't
hibernate with the same card I believe I may have answered my
problems.

Any similar experiences would be welcome.

Merry Xmas

PS. Whats the difference between S1 POS and S3 STR (Suspend to RAM i
presume). Didn't really understand it in the manual!

Neil skrev:
> Has anyone had any problems with hibernation on this board? I suspect
> the problem is my old GeForce 2 Nvidia card but the machine won't come
> out of hibernation! Just get a blank screen.
>
> Have tried updating the drivers for the GeForce 2 Nvidia card (66.93 i
> think) and the BIOS but still no luck.
>
> However, since my old Athlon Thunderbird system also wouldn't
> hibernate with the same card I believe I may have answered my
> problems.
>
> Any similar experiences would be welcome.
>
> Merry Xmas
>
> PS. Whats the difference between S1 POS and S3 STR (Suspend to RAM i
> presume). Didn't really understand it in the manual!

hi

my neo2 do hibernate ok! ati 9700 pro...

s1 -> hd ,s3 -> ram

s3 need to aktive in bios before you install the os!

coco

CoCo wrote:
> Neil skrev:
> > Has anyone had any problems with hibernation on this board? I
suspect
> > the problem is my old GeForce 2 Nvidia card but the machine won't
come
> > out of hibernation! Just get a blank screen.
> >
> > Have tried updating the drivers for the GeForce 2 Nvidia card
(66.93 i
> > think) and the BIOS but still no luck.
> >
> > However, since my old Athlon Thunderbird system also wouldn't
> > hibernate with the same card I believe I may have answered my
> > problems.
> >
> > Any similar experiences would be welcome.
> >
> > Merry Xmas
> >
> > PS. Whats the difference between S1 POS and S3 STR (Suspend to RAM
> > presume). Didn't really understand it in the manual!
>
> hi
>
> my neo2 do hibernate ok! ati 9700 pro...
>
> s1 -> hd ,s3 -> ram
>
> s3 need to aktive in bios before you install the os!
>
> coco

Why would i need to change the bios before i install the os? Surely you
can change the bios after Win xp is installed??? [sorry if this message
is posted twice]